- Hydrodynamic and hydrostatic analyses,
- Safety and Environmental assessments of liquid holders of any kind with a scientific perspective.
- Investigation of interfaces between liquid and the container, tank in which it is stored or transported,
- Research into the possibilities of influencing fluid behaviour,
- Development of means to change the behaviour of liquids,
- Development of innovative products aiming at improving safety and environmental aspects of the storage and transportation of liquids in tanks, with one or more concept designs
- Business cases for such innovative products and their applications,
- Prototypes of such innovative products
- Test programmes and test facilities thereto
- Enhancement of success factors; including creation of stakeholder awareness and acceptance and including proposals for patterns and programmes resulting in legislation compliance, authority approvals and permits to operate, etc.
- Investigations and analyses of accidents involving larger volumes of liquids,
- Expert advice and statements in legal affairs, court cases, etc. involving bulk liquids,
- Training and education of students, staff in charge of, or working with, larger volumes of liquids being stored or transported, accident investigators, decision makers of infrastructures involving larger quantities of liquids, law-makers and authorities issuing permits, etc.